Every day ordinary people are making extraordinary contributions to their community. From firefighters and law enforcement professionals to medical personnel and everyday citizens, these individuals go above and beyond the call of duty to help those in need. Whether by providing life saving CPR, helping neighbors during fires and floods, or by supporting humanitarian efforts around the world, we salute those who help when help is needed most. The Southern Nevada Chapter of the American Red Cross is proud to once again honor these citizens at the 9th Annual “Everyday Heroes Awards”.
Nominations were received for community members in Clark, Lincoln, Nye and Esmerelda counties. Following are this year’s recipients:
- Capt. Lauren Johnson – Adult Good Samaritan
- Animal Foundation & Smarty Paws Canine Coaching – Animal Rescue
- Taylor Thompson & Robert Uszynski – Aquatics
- Real Talk – Community Impact
- Carolyn Boyle & Obie – Community Service
- Lola Asbury – Community Service
- Ron Kline – Fire Fighter
- Another Joy Foundation – International Service
- Arbresha Epperson – Law Enforcement
- Elynne Greene – Lifetime Achievement
- Anthony Brown – Medical Professional
- Capt. Bacon, SrA Tamuzza, & SrA Coley – Military
- Christian Otter – Youth Good Samaritan
In collaboration with Caesars Entertainment, and with generous support from 8 News NOW, this year’s ceremony will be held from 7:30-9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 28th 2015, at Paris Las Vegas Hotel.
Proceeds from the Everyday Heroes Awards go to fund crucial services for our community including: local disaster relief, support to military personnel and their families, and lifesaving health and safety education.
For more information on the Everyday Heroes Awards, or to purchase individual tickets – please contact (702) 369-3674 or email email@example.com.
The full list of Heroes and past lists can be found here: http://www.redcross.org/local/nv/las-vegas/everyday-heroes