Tell Your Red Cross Story
March is Red Cross Month Video Contest
March is Red Cross Month, and we’d like to see what the Red Cross means to you.
Use your phones or cameras and make a short movie that explains your experience with the Red Cross, what you do for the Red Cross, or what the Red Cross has done for you.
We’d like to see your creativity and experience. Show us what you think the world needs to know about American Red Cross volunteers and the work that they do.
Deadline for submittals is 3pm Pacific Time on March 20, 2015.
Tell a story that shows how you help the Red Cross Mission or how the Red Cross affects your life or your community. Your point of view or topic can come from many sources:
Student Volunteer Disaster survivor
Funds Donor Blood Donor Blood Recipient
Medical Professional Fire or First Responder Professional/Department
First Aid Provider First Aid Recipient Veteran
Service To Armed Forces Volunteer Service to Armed Forces Recipient
Guidelines for participating:
- No experience necessary – a great message counts, not necessarily how slick the video looks.
- 15 seconds to 1 minute
- Don’t use copy written music – if you use music, make sure that it’s free to use, or make it yourself in an app.
- Don’t get in trouble – respect people and property.
- Submit as many videos as you like – We’d love to see all your inspiring stories.
- Try to have a Red Cross symbol in the video.
- You can use movie apps.
- Get permission of people in your video – if you’d like to use someone outside your group or family, please get their permission.
- Submit your video by uploading it on YouTube or Vimeo and filling out the submission form attached below, and emailing the link and the form to Lloyd.email@example.com.
- Prizes will be American Red Cross merchandise, and will be determined by the size of your team.
Submission form: MIRCM vid submission form