With Valentine’s Day approaching, we were thinking of ways that you could turn all that Valentine energy into helping families who need in help following a home fire. Whether your happily coupled or happily not or or unhappily either, you can brighten the day for a family in need by raising money.
1. Friend Auction – Have a single friend who’s up for anything? Set up a fundraiser page and auction a Valentine’s date with said friend and the largest donation wins!
2. Cupcake Fundraiser – Do you like to bake? Do people rave about your recipes? Why not make a couple dozen cupcakes that people can then give to their Valentine, and sell them. You’d be helping fill a gift-giving need, AND helping others at the same time. As Ina says, “How great is that?”
3. The Guessing Game – Let classmates or coworkers guess the amount of candy hearts or jelly beans in a jar for a donation. Winner gets the jar! They’ll share.
4. Going For A Dip? – They keep in the fridge, and they’re romantic. Chocolate covered strawberries are a hit with Valentines the world over. But what about their other fruit brethren? Sell some dipped bananas, melon, blueberries, apple of pineapple. Put them in a nice box or skewer. You can do it with dried fruit too!
5. Babysit For Someone’s Valentine’s Date – Staying home this year? Know someone who would like to go out? Offer to watch the kids while your friends have a romantic getaway.
Make Valentine’s Day special AND start fundraising for families affected by disaster. Questions? Call Kirstin at 702-369-3674.