There are new and exciting volunteer opportunities coming up with our Service to Armed Forces (SAF) division. Many of these positions would be for help at the VA Hospital in North Las Vegas. Following, please find the details and think about pitching in.
Indirect Patient Care
(Won’t have any physical contact with patients – won’t give medical treatment)
- IMMEDIATE NEED – 6 volunteers for data collection and survey duties. This will be surveying the in-patients as they are checking out of the hospital to ask about their experience with the VA.
- For this position we need individuals that are confident in talking to people and collecting information from them. The shifts will operate from 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- IMMEDIATE NEED – 6 volunteers for Administrative Duties in various departments in the hospital. Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential for this role. Also attention to details. The shifts for this position are also 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- IMMEDIATE NEED – Three to four volunteers for the Emergency Services concierge desk. (Hours will be confirmed based on peak operating times but work will definitely be Monday – Friday only and during normal working hours.) Patience, good communication skills and being able to work under pressure are essential for this role.
- Volunteers are needed for a new ‘strolling water cart’. Volunteers will be distributing water around the hospital to patients. For this position volunteers must be general physically fit (able to push and maneuver the water cart) and be able to stand for extended periods of time. This role will require 2 volunteers per cart per shift and will operate 3 days per week 8am-4pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Direct patient care
(licensed professional positions) are as follows:
- IMMEDIATE NEED – Emergency Room Doctors – All Shifts
- Registered Nurses – All Shifts
- IMMEDIATE NEED – Mental Health Professionals – LCSW, Psychologist and Psychiatrist.
Additional opportunities will be listed in the coming months, so stay tuned if you don’t see a suitable opportunity listed yet.
If you’re already a Red Cross volunteer, you can volunteer for the positions through Volunteer Connection. Apply for the VAVS position and we will place you accordingly once we start the interview process. If you’re not yet a volunteer, go to www.redcross.org/southernnevada and hit the Volunteer button to start the process.