Recent events can affect different people in different ways. You, your family members, or your friends may be having a hard time processing their emotions.
Some tips for coping with the stress related to recent disaster events include:
- Spend more time with family and friends and offer your support.
- Stay informed, but limit media exposure of the events — especially for children.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and get enough rest.
- Be patient with yourself and others. It’s common to have any number of temporary stress reactions such as anger, frustration and anxiety.
- Follow the disaster coping tips and resilience-building strategies in the Taking Care of Your Emotional Health after a Disaster attachment below.